The SGL glass-lining technology and processes has been developed in conjunction with the Central Glass and Ceramic Research Institute (CGCRI) in Kolkata, India.
SGL glass-lining is available in blue, white or pharma-light blue colours to suit application requirements.
- Excellent chemical resistance of glass against acid, alkalis and basic / neutral organics.
- The very smooth surface finish of glass-lining (Ra 0.05) and the sweeping design contours facilitates rigorous equipment and system cleaning.
- The hardness of the glass surface (600 Vickers) provides good abrasive resistance.
- The non-permeable glass-lining is ideal for multi-purpose plants who periodically change batch types.
- Good resistance to mechanical and thermal shock loading.
- No effect on the flavour, colour or purity of stored/processed products.
SGL glass-lined technology also offers increased operating performance (pressure and temperature) compared plastic-lined alternates. For further information please review our StanGlas technical literature